Tuesday, January 01, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 339.....HappyUP!!! New Year

Note: Sunday, Feb 3. Do you have it marked in your calender? What? You marked Christmas and somebody's birthday. You don't have the most important day IN HISTORY marked yet? C'mon....get that Outlook Calender out and get with it. ONLY 33 days until we celebrate 1 year of HappyUP!!!-ing on-line. What will you be doing to celebrate?

HappyUP!!! - goodbye to 2007
Why it happened - once again, it's a calender thing
Why it makes me happy - I have a habit of reflecting back on the previous year when we get to this point. I keep a few notes in a word document. I'll jot down the date and the high (or low) light as it occurs. As I was preparing to dig in, I really thought 2007 was going to be average...or below. A relationship ended, my dad got sick and died, my industry is in a downturn, and the muckity mucks at work are up to no good....and have been for three months. On top of it, I went from 4 pounds down going into the last quarter to 3 pounds up for the year. Yet, as I reflected back on the good things, it was a solid year. I won't call it a banner one...but a good one to build off of for 2008. I am incredibly optimistic about the next 12 months.

HappyUP!!! - day one of the cleanse is nearing completion
Why it happened - I am committed to two cleanses a year....might as well get number one out of the way
Why it makes me happy - I believe day one is the worst. You just drink root juice and eat the human equivalent of a dog biscuit. I could be facing the worst when I try to go to sleep later. Today has been no picnic....but it's almost done!

HappyUP!!! - day off tomorrow
Why it happened - I need to take some more days off
Why it makes me happy - I don't take nearly enough days off. I already have several planned for this month. I'll get out ahead of that curve! Something to look forward to tomorrow is always a HappyUP!!! today.

No comments: