Sunday, November 12, 2006

Notebooks


OK....- so it doesn't look like much....yet. But I will get it figured out.

This is a Moleskine cashiers - notebook. It only is a few pages thick. It comes in a craft paper brown cover...

...that was "pre-hack" of course - just let the Nutster loose on a cool Sunday afternoon with a couple of tubes of acrylic paint and it's the start of a project.

Right now - it's looking bush league. The picture actually does it more credit than it deserves...and that is not to say that you are looking at the picture and going, "man, I have to have one of those."
Of course, you probably do want this - just because it is a limited edition Nutster creation. I just have a hard time releasing something to the general public to accolades just because it has been touched by me.

I'm really not that big of a deal -.......what? Excuse me? Did you just say, "thanks, Nutster, but you didn't have to tell me that,"? Did you really say that?.....REALLY?

OK....you are off the Christmas list - and, when the above gets done, you can be pretty sure that your ink will not be spreading itself amongst the leaves of this tome.

And, while we are at it - you probably won't be doing any scribbling into the beauty that I am beginning to create below. This is pure quality....hand stitched...BY MY OWN HAND. It is lovingly bound with Gorilla
tape, the world's strongest tape according to the manufacturer. This is just pure messing around....

....which is kind of part of the point - sometimes you just need to do a little creative wandering and see where it takes you.

Nope - neither of these will end up in an art gallery...unless, of course, they do. But, they could start me in a direction of something that I would not even have thought about had I not made a move and taken on these seemingly worthless projects.

Hey...Christmas is coming - and who wouldn't take a handmade gift alone or alongside a seperate gift? As I wandered through some stores last night and looked at how hard our kids (and their parents) are being marketed to, I said to the person that I was with, "..if I had kids, they would get some kind of wooden train....and I would learn to carve something....and I would figure out how to make something else."

It was absolutely horrifying - mini-Escalades.....with the Rap music....big enough for the kid to drive in. And that was just one item. SORRRRRRRYYYY!

It's early....plenty of time before Christmas - start doing some creative wandering instead of mall wandering. If you have to go to the mall....get there now before the crowds are too bad.

Spend December exploring the gifts the King has given you - and not succumbing to the expectations of man (and women and children). You never know where your wandering and wondering may take you.

1 comment:

paris parfait said...

I agree with you about some of the horrifying toys/games being marketed to children. But I really don't understand your fascination with tape and your need to destroy perfectly good Moleskin notebooks and journals with same. (Guess that means I'm off your Christmas list) :)