Thursday, July 20, 2006

HappyUP!!!...Man Heading on Vacation?


So I'm getting ready to leave my house the other day - and this elderly man rides by on his old bike. Keep in mind....we are blowing past 100 degrees every day in Sacramento for about 10 days in a row. You ride a bike either early or because you have to.

"I gotta get a picture of this" - because of the trailer that he is pulling. Of course, I wanted to be discreet (I guess I wouldn't make for a very good papparazzi). I caught up with him at the stop sign and gave it my best shot.

The interesting thing - is what he is pulling in the trailer.

An old suitcase - he had the look of being impoverished. Was he just getting to work the only way that he could and there were tools in the trailer? Was he heading off on vacation? Was I looking at all the possessions that a person owned?

These are all questions that will never be answered - but it makes me a bit ....a big bit more appreciative for the life that I have.

Of course - he may have looked at me........and be appreciative for the things he doesn't have that tie him down.

No comments: