Wednesday, June 01, 2011

HappyUP!!! Day 1584



HappyUP!!! - hopping OFF the golf course
Why it happened - wisdom?
Why it makes me happy - it had been raining most of the day. The sun came out so I decided to go slap some balls around the driving range. After smacking a few spuds, I looked around and saw that nobody was playing the front 9. I checked doppler in the pro shop and any storms looked like they would be to the north of us. I got in the middle of the third fairway.....took a look in the distance...and said, "I think Mr Doppler missed the call on this one." I hiked in, got in the car, drove home, and then the bucket brigade started flowing....with hail. Lucky, warm, dry and happy!

HappyUP!!! - meeting "Tank"
Why it happened - Toastmasters
Why it makes me happy - I am not a celebrity worshipper. One might question LaSalle Thompson's claim to being a celebrity. It's been awhile since he played roundball. It wasn't about that. It was about his infectious smile and enthusiasm in shaking my hand when we met. Ebullient is the word that comes to mind

HappyUP!!! - medical update
Why it happened - my pal knew I was concerned
Why it makes me happy - it would have been easy to keep me out of the loop. I'm very grateful to KNOW what is going on with my friend

HappyUP!!! - a new member
Why it happened - we have a great product
Why it makes me happy - growth in our club is essential. Looks like we are adding a good one

HappyUP!!! - collaboration
Why it happened - I asked for help
Why it makes me happy - very impressed with the help that I received from Toastmaster's International and my local banker to try to get something done.



JollyJottings

LaSalle Thompson
A new member
Great joke
Super Invocation and Pledge
Help from my prospective banker and Toastmasters International
Freak weather

No comments: