Sunday, July 13, 2008

Your Favorite Word



I don't know
- who will play along amongst the vast readership out there. This is going to be difficult and, by my reckoning, most people don't like to do difficult things. If no one plays, I have no issue playing the game on my own. It's not as much fun but I'll be entertained either way.

Yet, this could be one of the most important things - that you ever do. It all depends how you want to take this exercise. You could also choose to just have some fun with it.

How do you want to interpret "favorite"? - the most meaningful? the one that describes your life or how you would wish it to be? the most fun? It's all up to you.

Spend a few moments - or a few hours....or a few days....and contemplate your favorite word and why. Leave a comment here.

I'll even help you get started by giving some examples - geez, can I make the difficult task any easier?

Forgiveness - ahh...this could be a contender for my friends who follow Christ.

Trust - this one is important to me. Without trust, what do you have?

Rapture - I loooove what this word means and how it sounds

Joy - we all love it and know it when we see it.....and nobody gets enough of it.

Gay - it doesn't just mean homosexual, remember? Yet, to my gay friends, the homosexual community received a gem of a word when it adopted this one. So, this could be their favorite word for that reason. Or, yours for it's traditional meaning.

....you get the idea - just shoot down the word and what it means to you.

What is my favorite word? - you ask the best questions. You really do.

I think it may be - "Oooooops!"

I know - You think I am just cutting up again and "being the Nutster." Nope. We all make mistakes...oooops! The word has the connotation of apology and looking for forgiveness. It also has a fun sound plus, when you say it, it lends itself to all kinds of facial and body language as well as voice inflection. And who doesn't enjoy saying it's derivative, "oooopsie," as well. "Oooopsie, I am so sorry that I spilled that scalding hot coffee on your lap after you insulted me."

I'm willing to change - I just need a compelling reason to do so. This is where you come in. Take your time.

Or, do it now....your first impression may be the real deal. Perhaps it isn't something you want to ponder too long.

Then again - if you want it to be the defining word about your life, a bit of meditation may be in order.

5 comments:

paris parfait said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
paris parfait said...

OK, the editor in me can't remain silent. It should be "Your" fave word. (Yes, I can be annoying that way). :)

As for my fave word, it has to be hope, esperance, esperanza. In any language, it's beautiful. I like "hope," because it implies optimism and better days ahead, even in life's darkest moments. Without hope, what do we have? xo

NuttersNotes said...

My friend, PP, has us off to a fine start....as well as an excellent suggestion which I will fix immediately.

Anonymous said...

The word is "content", as in "contentment" or feeling "contented" with where you are, who you're with, what you're doing at the moment...that feeling that washes over you when you know you're "in sync" with your authentic self and spirit.

ds

Anonymous said...

Easy, my all time favorite word: GRACE, in all its forms.

I like it theologically as in the ever-dependable, highly-undeserved, greatly needed GRACE of God vs. the justice of human law.

There is also the GRACE of beauty and elegance in both movment (dance and bearing) and artistic and pesonal expression. i.e. "She is so graceful."

"He moves effortlessly and GRACEfully."

The GRACEfulness of fine melody or soaring symphony. In musical theatre there are scores of GRACE-filled moments when music, lyrics, choreography, direction, lighting, costume, and performance all converge to create breath-taking moments of GRACE.