Wednesday, July 09, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 528

HappyUP!!! - staying in
Why it happened - it was 105 degrees or more today....with fires burning everywhere
Why it makes me happy - OK...THIS was a tough day to be happy. It's easy to stay inside in the winter. Even then, you can get cabin fever. Even when it is hot here near the Big Tomato (Sacratomato), you can go outside. There was NO desire today. I did run a couple of errands. People were walking around with their shirts pulled up over their mouths. UGLY.....which makes it all the better that I got a GREAT e-mail from a friend....and a couple of enjoyable phone calls with others.

HappyUP!!! - chipping
Why it happened - I snuck out there early
Why it makes me happy - I had found a fundamental secret.....and then it went away.....but I rediscovered the secret that I had just found. My chipping out on the golf course WILL get back to it's glory days.

HappyUP!!! - delivery
Why it happened - I ordered some clothes
Why it makes me happy - they came on this gloomy day. Ever since retiring, there has been a hole in my wardrobe that I am picking away at filling. Slacks, jackets, and ties give way to button up short sleeve shirts. I've got some good ones for summer....this one and next and the one after that.

JollyJottings

Staying in
Chipping
E-mail from a friend
Phone chat with another friend

No comments: