Friday, July 18, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 537...Back in Town

HappyUP!!! - the British Open
Why it happened - it happens every year
Why it makes me happy - I love the major championships. The British Open is always funky because there are never any trees involved. This year, there are enough storylines for several opens. Greg Norman is in contention at age 53. David Duval is threatening to come back after going from being the top player in the world.....to the depths. Rocco Mediate gave Tiger Woods a run at the US Open...and now he is contending. Jean VandeVelde, who performed the all-time choke in the 1999 British Open, is within striking distance. There are four guys in the running right there. If any of them come through, it would be awesome. Sergio Garcia is hanging around trying to win his first major. Carmelo Villegas, the glamour boy, has never won a tournament. There are a lot of women rooting for him....Ian Poulter too. It's going to be a great weekend.

HappyUP!!! - financial stocks
Why it happened - better than expected earnings reports
Why it makes me happy - the financials have been battered. Their rise this week gives some hope to the stock market. It makes people feel a little better.

HappyUP!!! - Blackberry
Why it happened - I had it with me on my ride home
Why it makes me happy - I had a 5.5 hr car ride with my friend as we came back from vacation. We had many conversations. During some of them, we wondered about something....like a landmark alongside the road. With the Blackberry, we were able to look up the facts and complete our conversation.

JollyJottings

Nice Drive
Arriving Home
No issues upon return
Blackberry
Stock Market
Financial Stocks
Standup Video

No comments: