Thursday, July 10, 2008

What's Up With This?..... M&M Ice Cream Treats



M&M's have a special place here in the land of HappyUP!!!s - who doesn't get a rush of joyful anticipation right before those delicious delicious nuggets are about to "melt in your mouth and not in your hand"?

If you don't feel that - I don't think you'll get the HappyUP!!! thing at all.

Imagine my joy - when I heard M&M's had expanded to ice cream treats! Put ice cream with one of the best candies in the world and you are looking at pure happiness!

I rushed down to the store and obtained a box - and I couldn't believe it. A box comes with 5 treats. The box gurantees that you will get at least two different colors of ice cream treats. The only way to verify how many that you get is to open them all.

So, purely in the interest of objective journalism - I did so.....quickly. I think I got three colors. I don't remember because I was acutally checking out the trademark m.

The m&m is all about the M - otherwise, it's not an m&m....right? If there was ever something that was all about the brand, this would be it.

Look at the picture - every one of those ice cream treats had the same shoddy "m" printed on it. I had also been hoping that the outside coating would be thin and hard....kind of like the candy.

Nope - it was pretty much the same as any "vanilla covered in chocolate" ice cream confection that you can get anywhere.

Don't get me wrong - it was good. Come on.....vanilla ice cream with chocolate is hard to mess up...

....but so is an "m" - well, at least I thought it was.

Such a fine brand - but no pride in it. Maybe I got a bad box. I'll never know. If the "m" would have been right or the candy shell had been different, I might be tempted to pay the premium and buy another one.

It was a HappyUP!!! - because I had the treat (yes, eating all 5 of them counts as ONE treat...they're small.....plus, I had to thoroughly investigate). Yet, I was bummed by the blurry "m."

No comments: