Tuesday, July 15, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 534....Vacation




When you are on vacation - it can be tough to pick the three outstanding HappyUP!!!'s of the day. I don't like to do tough things...especially on vacation! So, let's throw down a few extra today.

And remember - this isn't counting the small blessings that may have been overshadowed by the monumentals.

HappyUP!!! - getting our tee time moved up
Why it happened - we went to the course early
Why it makes me happy - the earlier you get out, the earlier you get done. You also reduce the risk of being put behind a slow group of golfers...the fewer groups you are playing behind, the less chance of getting caught behind a slowpoke. Getting done earlier leaves more time to do other things or relax when on vacation.

HappyUP!!! - the quiet of the Running Y
Why it happened - we're out in the country
Why it makes me happy - I don't have to have quiet...but I like it. When we were playing the first few holes today, there was not a sound. I didn't even hear animals. It was effecting my swing...in a positive way. I have never thought that concentration has been a problem for me on the course. When I was playing with NO background noise, I realized that maybe I do notice those noises. It's a weird thing to describe. What is silence? It's nothing. I was fully in tune to nothing. It made me happy.

HappyUP!!! - smog check passed
Why it happened - I had a friend take the car in for this
Why it makes me happy - first, I don't have to do repairs and get a retest. Second, I had my housesitter do this for me and I didn't want her to be hassled. It worked out great.

HappyUP!!! - golfing
Why it happened - it was planned
Why it makes me happy - I smacked it well off the first tee. You have to be a golfer to understand how good that makes you feel. You overcome some nerves, you are off to a good start, and it makes you feel optimistic. I also drilled a 4-iron later in the day. This is something that most golfers, including myself, do not do on a consistent basis. You notice it when it happens. I hit some very nice bunker shots. I got my first birdie of the trip and had several other opportunities. Today was one of the days where I didn't score nearly as well as I should, but it is going in the correct direction....a HappyUP!!!

HappyUP!!! - a doe and her three FRESH offspring
Why it happened - it's nature and that is where I am at
Why it makes me happy - I don't live in "deer country" but I see deer on a somewhat regular basis. You don't see this very often. The pack was standing right around the corner from where I am staying. The ears on those little ones were almost as long as their legs!

HappyUP!!! - Get Smart
Why it happened - we decided to go to the afternoon movie
Why it makes me happy - the movie was OK but, when you conjure up memories of the old show, it had some pretty funny moments.


JollyJottings

Seeing a deer and three fawns
Drilling a 4 iron/My first birdie of the trip/
Smacking it off the first tee
Dinner
Get Smart
Sightseeing
Good sleep
Weather
Getting our tee time moved up
Smog Check passed

No comments: