Wednesday, September 12, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 228

HappyUP!!! - great night's sleep
Why it happened - I'm not sure
Why it made me happy - it was difficult for me to get out of bed! I know, many go, "hey, that's my everyday existence." It's not for me....not because I sleep poorly. I could just tell that I was sleeping really well last night. I was having more dreams (which, of course, I can't remember at the moment).

HappyUP!!! - an invite to have breakfast with the governor of California
Why it happened - I am part of an initiative that he backs
Why it made me happy - I had to say, "no, I have something scheduled that is more important." It's the truth. I would be at that breakfast but I really have a more pressing engagement.

HappyUP!!! - traffic court
Why it happened - I was accused of driving at an unsafe speed
Why it made me happy - I was found guilty of 50 in a 35 (that should be a 40...no question). It doesn't mean that I was. So, because it is the first ticket I have received in years, I will be signing up for traffic school. The HappyUP!!! was that I had as fair a day in court that you could have. I probably could have represented myself a little better...but it would have required lying. No can do. Personally, I think that Lidar guns give a policeman the option to lie to. I'll be doing my research on that...another HappyUP!!!....something to research. Though I didn't get the outcome I wanted, it was a HappyUP!!! because of the system our country has.

No comments: