Sunday, September 02, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 218


A lot to choose from today....hmmm...could knowing that I don't have to put in a full day tomorrow leaed to that. We have fun and getting things done all in the mix

HappyUP!!! - golf with my brother
Why it happened - he invited me
Why it made me happy - the score wasn't there but a lot of very properly struck shots were. It means I am on the right track. I also played with some good players...one guy shot 69! In a weird stroke of fate, I also one some money in a big pot we had going with a few other groups out there.....66 bucks worth!

HappyUP!!! - 23 miles of bike riding
Why it happened - I needed to do it
Why it made me happy - the old man still has some legs in him. Average about 17 mph. While far from my younger days, it is kind of a start. I am also digging the totally spent feeling in my legs this evening. It is a good exhaustion when you know you haven't injured yourself but your legs are pretty much thrashed.

HappyUP!!! - the weigh in
Why it happened - it's Sunday!
Why it made me happy - 2 pounds off since last week! I am now the lowest I have been in a year when the weight started going up. This is a good intersection to cross. 165 by Thanksgiving is very doable. What? Did you say, "go for 160?" Hmmmm....let's get to the 165 first and do a reassessment.


Jolly Jottings

Golf with brother
Perfect wedge shot
Perfect 9 iron off the hard pan
7-iron closest to the pin
3 birdies
Playing with good players
Starting to pick up a new tune on the guitar
23 mile bike ride
The good exhausted feeling after the bike ride
Sunday weigh in

No comments: