Friday, September 28, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 244

HappyUP!!! - HOME!
Why it happened - I was gone
Why it makes me happy - Bakersfield was a hoot (OK....perhaps a stretch) but it is just good to be HOME. It's that feeling when you walk in the door.

HappyUP!!! - Herb Urban
Why it happened - I read his blogposting for SundayScribblings
Why it makes me happy - it was just dang funny.

HappyUP!!! - the girl at the airport
Why it happened - she was a hustler
Why it makes me happy - I get to the Bakersfield airport just before 6 bells this morning. I go to the ExpressJet counter. A small young woman checks my ID and gives me a boarding pass. I go up the escalator and through security. I wait about an hour for my flight. I am now handing my boarding pass to the same gal that was all the way down at the ticket counter. No big deal, you say? Hey, she was hustling which is always good to see but read on, Ms Skeptic. I find my assigned seat. I wait for the passengers to board. The cabin door closes and the plane begins to back away from the gate. I look out the window and see the person holding the orange glow sticks directing the pilot.....it's the same girl! What? Is there only one plane out of Bakersfield that day? I make a comment about it to another passenger and he says, "yeah, I noticed the same thing.....they wouldn't let her lift my luggage down at the front counter....she's pregnant!"

No comments: