Monday, September 03, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 219


HappyUP!!! - a lazy morning
Why it happened - it was Labor Day
Why it made me happy - I splurged on the diet and had a mocha. I just enjoyed the morning. I like the third day of a three day weekend. Some people fill them with activity. I look at it as a day to just enjoy as a day...to do whatever you want even if it isn't important

HappyUP!!! - a delicious steak and salad
Why it happened - I had time....and I hadn't had a real dinner for a bit
Why it made me happy - I picked up some Worchester Sauce. Pour it over a steak with a little garlic salt and fork/knife it in and you got what I got.....an absolutely delicious piece of beef

HappyUP!!! - new growth
Why it happened - I planted a pepper in a weird spot. Plus, I did some weeding
Why it made me happy - I got in late (planted late) with one pepper plant. I planted it in a spot that gets morning shade. Today, I saw the first evidence of peppers. YES! It was a test area this year. Next year, it will be fully developed for planting. Now, over on the melon front, I needed to do some weeding. The vine was getting choked. As I looked under the foliage, I found at least 4 cantaloupes developing. This would equate to the entire plants production for the year. I hadn't even seen these gems. Who knows? Maybe it is going to bust out here in the fall. There is a lot of vine there. Now, if that darn watermelon vine would get the same idea....

No comments: