Monday, September 24, 2018

Jimmy Garrapolo


Is that - how you spell his name?

The 49ers QB guy?

I used to care - about football long ago.  It's Monday. I don't know who played yesterday. I saw NBC doing their usual "Football Night in America" thing yesterday.

That always - makes me laugh.  It's a sad marketing ploy for an overexposed sport. I guess the Patriots played somebody....I think they hyped it in ads that the coach of who they were playing used to work for the Patriouts coach?  Wow.....talk about a feeble attempt to generate additional interest amongst people that really would not have cared about the game.

All that said - it was impossible to escape...the...."OH MY GOD" news! I made it all the way to Monday morning at 9:30 though.

Garrapolo got hurt !!!- all I heard was he tore his ACL.  "The almight saviour" is out.  I have no idea how serious that is. It used to mean out for the season.

It made me think - of all of the disappointment and heartbreak this probably causes.

I feel bad - for Garrapolo. A torn ACL doesn't sound like fun. At the same time, he chose to play a game where it's pretty likely that is going to happen. He is going to get the best medical care. He won't have to worry about paying his bills why he rehabs....etc. My sympathy is limited.

I feel worse - for the sheep that continue to mindlessly worship the Church of the NFL.

Some people tell me - "you've got too much time on your hands" (more on that later) for various things that I do and create. I laugh at those same people because they usually can give me a play by play of what has become a ridiculous past time.

The NFL ratings are down - it has nothing to do with Trump or his claims about the kneeling. If anything, Trump helps the ratings as much as he hurts them.

The NFL's problems - are obvious and they are many.  Look forward to an upcoming report here.

I'd lay it all out today - it wouldn't take me long to describe it.

....but....man - I have so many better things to do. I wish I had that kind of time on my hands today.

Niner Fans - find something else to do with your Sundays! Really...it might be a  great time to quit your church!

No comments: