Wednesday, April 24, 2013

HappyUP!!! Day 2273


HappyUP!!! - word of the day
Why it happened - Toastmasters
Why it makes me happy - so cute of Sherri to do a play off of something I said last week....and make me playfully eat some crow...by choosing the actual word "Scott" as the "word of the day."  It was prescious. I especially loved the definition, "leader by example rather than by direction."  THAT is a very apt description of my leadership style.....never been one to boss people around...always been one that has NO PROBLEM putting on that next pot of coffee.....or parking far away from front entrance so the people that can pay the bills (customers) get the parking spot they deserve.

HappyUP!!! - Four Agreements speech
Why it happened - Kathy delivered today
Why it makes me happy - I'm not sure she was there...or remembered the times I have spoken about the Four Agreements. No matter.  I was just thrilled that someone gave a speech about this important concept.  It's always a great reminder.  Like the Bible, the Four Agreements are a great...and simple...way to live...........but so hard to stick to.  Yet....we learn from mistakes and move on. She did a great job regarding being Impeccable with Your Words in reminding us all......"and that begins with the words you tell yourself!"  AWESOME piece of teaching!!!

HappyUP!!! - running into an old friend after golf
Why it happened - the person came to the club
Why it makes me happy - so glad to reaquaint.....it's a beautiful thing

HappyUP!!! - help from the pro
Why it happened - he has me in his sites
Why it makes me happy - there are no quick fixes in golf....or in life. Sometimes, as much as you THINK you know...and what you THINK you are an expert on......you NEED some outside intervention. Yeah, it's uncomfortable...it's work....but....if, what you are doing isn't working, it's good to get guidance from a professional.  I'm on the right track....tho it will take some time...and work...and a re-visit in a week or so........but it will work

HappyUP!!! - properly struck shots
Why it happened - see above
Why it makes me happy - yep....it's dicey right now....but there were a lot of shots that were beyond good....they were "properly struck".....which included that birdie on 14. Though many setbacks....expected....I paid more attention to the good

JJ

Our Toastmaster
A guest
3 speeches....all great
3 great evaluations
Our word of the day
Getting some help from the pro
Running into an old friend after golf
A VERY nice weather day...even if a bit warm
6 iron/9 iron par 1.....putt 2...drive/wedge 4....wedge 6...drive/punch 7....5 iron 8....wedge 9....wedge 11....pitch/putt 12...flop 13...hybrid/wedge/putt/BIRDIE 14....drive/wedge/putt/birdie 15....drive/wedge 16

No comments: