Monday, July 19, 2010

HappyUP!!! Day 1267


HappyUP!!! - Corral de Tierra
Why it happened - I was invited to play in a WGANC tournament
Why it makes me happy - it got me out of town.....to play a great golf course that I have known about forever.....and never got a chance to play. Yes...I played like dog poo...but it was just great to be in a very nice part of Salinas on a gorgeous day.

HappyUP!!! -finding a phone charger
Why it happened - bad packing
Why it makes me happy - I realized that I hadn't packed my phone charger. Then, I realized my phone was never going to make it to my destination on the charge it had. Even if I had packed my "in the wall" charger, it would not had done me much good because I was in the car. I stopped at the first truck stop I could....VOILA....I was able to get a kit that had the car adapter and in-the-wall" for my iPhone. You know.....I am not sure I would like making a car trip of any substantial length without having phone access.

HappyUP!!! - my partner's birdie when I was "in pocket"
Why it happened - she hit three great shots
Why it makes me happy - when you screw up a hole in a partner event, you put your partner in a vulnerable position...even a bogey would be good with that pressure. A par....outstanding...but a birdie? Winner!!! MVP points there

HappyUP!!! - on time...nick of time
Why it happened - I planned to leave early
Why it makes me happy - when I am going out of town and there is a deadline on when I have to be there, I always plan on leaving early and arriving early......by a bunch. Today, some things went wrong (right?) which prevented me from leaving when I wanted to. Well, because I do operate a bit earlier than others when it comes to being on the road, I still got to my destination stress free in the 3.5 hours it took me to drive.

JollyJottings

Out of town golf
Lovely weather by the ocean
Finding a phone charger
Getting to my venue on time
Hanging with my friends after golf
A couple of great drives
My partner's birdie when I had my ball in pocket


No comments: