Sunday, August 31, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 581

HappyUP!!! - Attending a wedding
Why it happened - a good friend invited me
Why it makes me happy - the bride was gorgeous. I got to see a couple that I hadn't seen in years. I met the parent of another friend. The weather was perfect. The food was tremendous. The venue was fabulous. All in all, you couldn't ask for more in a wedding. A joyous day

HappyUP!!! - two birdies in 12 holes
Why it happened - I snuck out to the golf course
Why it makes me happy - I play 18 holes on a lot of days with no birdies. In this case, I hit a very cute little skill shot under the wind and made the putt. On the other hole, I hit a very delicate pitch shot across the green that came to rest just a couple of feet from the hole. THAT is why I play golf. "The true joy of golf is to turn three shots into two," is a saying from a famous old golfer whose name escapes me. I believe it was Byron Nelson but I could be wrong.

HappyUP!!! - the soft driver
Why it happened - it's a continuation of the mini-lesson I received
Why it makes me happy - I am on a path of discovery regarding my golf swing. At the end of the quest, I believe I will be moving the ball right to left instead of left to right. I will be striking the ball a bit more properly and a heck of a lot further.



JollyJottings

Being sore
New cat food
Soft Driver
A Wedding
A Beautiful Bride
Seeing a couple who are old friends
A great text photo message sent
Two birdies
Lunch

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been away from blogging for a bit but still had you on my list. Your HappyUP's make me smile. Would you mind of I borrowed that term- giving you credit for it of course- and did my own short HappyUP daily list on my Blog?

nikkirae said...

Well dang it.. it didn't link my blog.. let me try this one more time..

nikkirae said...

Trying this. My blog isn't a blogspot one so I can't get it to link. So.. I put up a redirection. *grins* Let's hope it works.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a whole lot of good reasons to be happy.

Well, except golf. *chuckles*