Monday, August 25, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 575...Day Two of The Week of Festival

HappyUP!!! - tremendous night of sleep
Why it happened - who knows
Why it makes me happy - there was a time that I was beginning to have sleep issues. They seem to have dissipated since I retired. Hmmmm....I wonder if there is a connection? I went to sleep at around 10:30 last night and I didn't wake up until 7:20! If you knew me, you would know that is unprecedented. Unless I am out past midnight (rare), I will wake up between 5 and 6:30. It felt nice to start my day "late."

HappyUP!!! - birthday lunch
Why it happened - my financial planner is a smart guy
Why it makes me happy - who doesn't like a free lunch? He still takes me to lunch even though there is little chance that I will be putting any further investments in his charge. I give him some grief, too, over the financial markets. Hey, I am an investor...it's my job. Anyway, I do enjoy his company.

HappyUP!!! - seeing someone at lunch
Why it happened - we both needed to eat
Why it makes me happy - he didn't see me....or chose to ignore me. I can help this guy. He needs it...in my estimation. Yet, like the time, I am not going to give him any advice unless he asks for it properly. Yet, he will go on struggling alone. Why does it make me happy? I really don't know. I think I was happiest that he didn't come up to me and say, "Hi," in such an easy venue. Perhaps I should have been a little bigger and done a "touch and go" hello...but I am not too worried about it.

JollyJottings

Tremendous night of sleep
Birthday lunch
Seeing someone at lunch
Brekko scheduled for tomorrow
Laughing at Keith Obamerman
Tomatoes

No comments: