Thursday, August 21, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 571


"Dude, did you write USA on these labels with a Sharpie Marker? I can't take a baton from you!"

Like someone forgetting to print the bibs - it appears the men's relay team forgot to practice handing the stick to the next guy.

The dropping of the baton - is NOT a HappyUP!!! but, for some odd reason, I can just see someone in the backroom under the stadium going, "Oh Crap! I left the printed bibs at the hotel!" Then, the mad scramble to find some clean bibs and a magic marker. I find that tremendously entertaining.

HappyUP!!! - golfing with two guys
Why it happened - I played in my old golfing club's monthly event
Why it makes me happy - they put my partner and I in with a couple of guys that worked for the company that I used to but who never worked for me. Nice guys. We had some good conversation....and I got a little more insight what newcomers think about the company I worked for.

HappyUP!!! - good drives
Why it happened - I am not sure
Why it makes me happy - I was golfing on a foreign course. Less room for error than my regular course. Yet, I put it very nicely in play every time I put the big stick in my hands. If you want to score, you have to put whitey on the short cut grass. (But, when the driver wakes up, why does the putter go to sleep? Uggghh.... golf. You gotta love it).

HappyUP!!! - a day in the mountains
Why it happened - I went golfing
Why it makes me happy - we stepped out of the car up in Camino, CA, today. The first thing I noticed was "that scent of the pines." It made me realize that I hadn't been to the mountains all year....oooops! Big oooops! I will need to get that fixed by the time the weather changes.

JollyJottings

Great sleep
Seeing my friend A
Golfing in the mountains
Very good drives
My two golfing partners

No comments: