Saturday, June 14, 2008

HappyUP!!! JokeItUP!!! 1 - Bob and Bessie




My friend sent me this picture of himself - I had never seen him in a hat....or sunglasses for that matter. I had never thought of him as a guy that would wear anything but a baseball cap.....no shades because he wears glasses. I haven't seen him in years....maybe he had Lasik surgery done.

I share that - because it reminded me of a joke. Isn't it amazing how our minds work. In my case, I get this cool picture........and off to the races my head goes.

An elderly couple, Bob and Bessie, have been married for many years. Bob has always wanted a real pair of authentic cowboy boots. Finally, he breaks down and finds a stunning pair on sale. He struts into the house proudly sporting his new purchase.

"Bessie, notice anything new about me?" he puffs

"Nope. You look the same as every other day," Bessie retorts.

This really ticks Bob off so he storms into the bedroom, strips down buck naked except for the boots and re-enters the room Bessie is in.

"How about now, Bessie? Do you notice anything different now?" he aggressively challenges her.

"Nope. It's pointing down.....just like yesterday......just like the day before," she replies.

"It's looking down because it is admiring my new boots," Bob says proudly.

"You should have bought a hat, Bob. You should have bought a hat."

No comments: