Monday, June 16, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 505

HappyUP!!! - me and my partner won our individual and team matches
Why it happened - my opponent didn't play well
Why it makes me happy - I played like crap but I got the "W".....just win, baby

HappyUP!!! - my partner and I won our sidebet
Why it happened - see the above
Why it makes me happy - after taking a drubbing at the gaming tables, it's nice to win a bet!

HappyUP!!! - scenery
Why it happened - we were golfing
Why it makes me happy - one doesn't equate the Carson Valley with beauty. We were playing up on the side of the mountain. We were on one green when one guy said, "this is like looking out over a zero edge pool,"...and it was. It was a beautiful morning.

Bonus HappyUP!!! - a couple of comments
Why it happened - I "chunked" one
Why it makes me happy - there I am, standing on the par 3 attempting to hit over the water and I hit about 3 inches behind the ball. It goes right in the pond. One of the other player's was not sure what club he should hit that would be enough to get to the green. "Hey, what did you hit?"....he asked. "A trout," was my reply. Everyone busted a gut over that.....you had to be there. It makes me happy when I can give someone a tremendous laugh....particularly at my own expense and not someone else's. I made another one when we got to the course that was definitely a "had to be there," so I won't bore you......but it was hysterical!


No comments: