Tuesday, May 06, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 464 - A day of riches

I left my employer of over 20 years on Friday. It was not an easy decision. It was a shock to many. Through this, I have really learned some things about certain people...some regrettable....others incredible. I will remember the incredible and capture them in a separate private journal in the morning. It is impossible to pick THEE HappyUP!!! today

HappyUP!!! - an e-mail
Why it happened - the person needed to reach out
Why it made me happy - I got some scoop as to what is going on at my former employer.

HappyUP!!! - a vc mail from P.O.
Why it happened - he heard I had left the company
Why it made me happy - he thanked me for giving him the opportunity to provide for his family in a way that he didn't think possible. Whoa!

HappyUP!!! - on going correspondence with P.S.
Why it happened - P is walking me through the exit process
Why it made me happy - he gave me some inspiration.....and a thought....that, when I put with the thought I had last week, gives me a project to work on that is going to be FUN!....and right up my alley.

Bonus HappyUP!!! - talk with a former employee
Why it happened - I called him
Why it made me happy - he left our company after transferring. He went into another line of work. He thought so much of me that, even though he is miles away, he said that he would tell someone in his organization to come looking for me if I wanted to enter his field. Wow!!!! I must have done something right when he was under my care.

JollyJottings

P's e-mail he sent to someone about me and to always take "the high road"
A call from Cathy
A call from Scott
A call from P.O.
A message from T
Corresponding with DG
Talking with C
Talking with S.C.
On going e-mail trades with P.S.
Toastmasters
T at Toastmasters

No comments: