Saturday, November 24, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 301



HappyUP!!! - a live chat with an old friend
Why it happened - I called into his radio show
Why it made me happy - I hadn't talked to Dr Mitch in years. He has a radio show on Saturdays out of Los Angeles. I tuned in a couple of times earlier in the year. For whatever reason, he came to mind today. He was doing his live broadcast which you can pull down through the computer. His show was about "what you are thankful for." He was just talking about men that flew in B-17's in WW2. I called in under my first name from Roseville. I told him I was thankful for my dad and his heroics in WW2 flying...and getting shot down...in one of those B-17's. At the end of the call, I said, "great talking to you, Mitch." He replied, "Nutster, thanks for calling in." He had figured out it was me! That was fun.

HappyUP!!! - visiting my dad
Why it happened - he is getting respite care this weekend
Why it made me happy - who is kidding who? There isn't a lot to be happy about when it comes to his failing condition. This is a weekend when the hospice workers get a respite so he was moved to a facility for the weekend. He wasn't saying much today. There was no chair. I laid down next to him. He was asleep with his head back and eyes and mouth open. I reached down and put my hands on top of his hand. He smiled and mumbled, "that feels good." Lunch came and I helped to feed him. I did something for him.....that was a HappyUP!!! amidst the decline.

HappyUP!!! - Dr Mitch's program
Why it happened - I thought about his show today
Why it made me happy - I listened to a podcast in the background while I was doing some other things today.
His p-cast gave me this post. It's a very insightful thing to hear....and, hopefully, learn....and teach.

1 comment:

mentorman said...

...300 happys for you...and 1,333,333 more to go!!!