Tuesday, November 06, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 282

HappyUP!!! - travel went flawlessly
Why it happened - who knows...it's a crapshoot
Why it makes me happy - I got to the airport about 3 hrs early...maybe 3 and a half. I had the laptop with me so it doesn't matter where I do my work from. The airline had a flight going out before mine...about an hour before. They had to cancel it. They said over the loudspeaker, "....sorry for inconvenience....due to mechanical issue... your safety is everything." The announcer kept stumbling when he got to the "mechanical" part of the announcement. It was a lack of confidence. Funny...about 3 minutes before that announcement, an airline employee went running by me. She didn't see me as she said to another employee something about a bomb. Anyway, I was glad my bags weren't already on the previous flight and that I didn't have to scramble.

HappyUP!!! - the annointed turd
Why it happened - someone said "Holy Shit!"
Why it made me happy - I had never put that connotation to that phrase. I don't think I have ever seen such a fabulous feces that it got that kind of billing.

HappyUP!!! - rib eye lunch
Why it happened - I bought a steak on Saturday and hadn't eaten it
Why it made me happy - with traveling, I didn't want that luscious piece of meat spoiling in the fridge. Instead, I BBQ'd it up right before going to the airport. It had been marinating with a little worchester sauce for two days....add a little garlic salt over the top.....grill.....happy tummy!

No comments: