Tuesday, November 06, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 283

HappyUP!!! - good meeting with the boss
Why it happened - we had an impromptu meeting before the site visit in Phoenix
Why it makes me happy - it's good to see all of my peers face to face and hear what they are going through. I also got a commitment out of my boss for us to get on a plane and get something fixed.

HappyUP!!! - travel went well
Why it happened - I got to the airport early
Why it makes me happy - it just doesn't make sense to cut it close...especially when you have a laptop and can get some things done at the airport. If I am traveling on business, I just refuse to cut it close. It's not worth the stress. Plus, I carried on and my flight arrived early....back home for a nice night in my own bed.

HappyUP!!! - shuttle ride
Why it happened - the hotel provided it
Why it made me happy - it's a long story. Here we were....high powered managers...6 of us. We had all flown to Phoenix to visit a site.....and none of us knew where it was. The number of phone calls we had to place was comical. We got two different addresses and almost took off to the wrong one. One could be shuttled to. The other required a cab. The cab was on it's way until we got confirmation we were within shuttle difference. "hey, someone send me a tent.....I need something to throw over this circus!" Then, all 6 of us packed into the mini-van. Nice and cozy.

No comments: