Sunday, April 23, 2006

TV Turn Off Week Starts Monday, April 24th!!!


Can you do it?

Do you even care?

I am not one to be a joiner. We have enough of the herd mentality. I have a tendency to go against the current. I may consider this one, however, because we all know....

It is the minority that can pull this baby off!
- so this is definitely one time that, if you did follow along, you would be a non-conformist!!! Now, we start to spark my interest a bit.

Here's the link: tvturnoff.org (Sorry that I can't hyper-link you...my code isn't working right for me tonight)

Now, one would think that turning off the TV - means turning of the TEEEE VEEEE. No DVD movies....no Video Games...nothing. I suppose that if you have some instructional material that you need to use, one could make for an allowance...

...wait...what about the Kings?
- the playoffs started this weekend. Surely we can watch the Kings this week. After all, if we don't watch them this week, we may not see them anymore this year! (They got spanked hard by the Spurs Saturday night).

Well, let's think about that for a second
- if the King's do get bounced in the first round, was there really a point of watching them in the first place? Just a thought.

But what about American Idol? - stop it!!! American Idol is a TV show that plays on the Teeeeee Veeeeeee. This is turn off week!!!

Here is how I approach it - I don't watch much TV. I am going to get one of those stick em up notes and put it on the front of the tube....NO TV THIS WEEK by orders of the management......or something like that. We'll see how it goes. If there is something that I feel I really need to see, I may do it but it is going to take a very conscious effort.

I'll even do my best - not to look up at the monitors when I am at the gym!

....I suppose National No Internet Week is next
- that one could be a little bit rougher!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If I had seen this yesterday... and if I'd be one to do it... it wouldn't be too hard. DVR for the win! (or Tivo if that's your thing). Record this weeks stuff and watch it next week.

Then again.. wouldn't that just give you more to watch later-- so the time spent would be the same.. hmmm.. Well, at least you could say you did it. LOL