Wednesday, April 19, 2006

HappyUp-date!

This happy up thing won't go away. As you recall, I finished the formal experiment over a week ago. Yet, I still stop myself and go, "hey, gotta jot that down...that's a good one."

Tonight - had to go to the mall. Parking lot was crowded. I am a "deep parker." I usually grab the first spot I see. Sometimes it means a bit of a trek. It hasn't killed me yet. If it ever does, I figure there are worse places to go than the mall parking lot. For whatever reason, I drove in front of the main store. The VERY first spot in front...directly in front...of the main mall entrance was available. I couldn't believe it. I almost passed it by as I didn't want to be taken in by the mirage. Cause of space being open - who knows? Reason it made me happy - I, for one moment, was King of the Mall! Don't worry...the head isn't too big...I left in about 30 minutes. My 15 minutes of fame was doubled.

Employee Success Story
- if you are a boss, you'll dig this one. I had a meeting with a portion of my staff Monday. There are things they should do but they are not. I pointed it out. I circled back today to see the progress. One of the staff had poked around a bit at my Monday suggestions...still weren't going full tilt. An opportunity arose while we were on the phone. I told the employee, "here is your chance. Go do it now!" I went on my way and forgot about the conversation. She called me back 45 minutes later all jacked up. "Scott, I had to call you. I went down introduced myself. Told the one person about our proposition. Two other people jumped over the counter to hear about it. The owner of the store came forward, took me to her office, and wanted to do a deal right away." If any of you are in any kind of sales business, here is your:

Hot Sales Tip of the Day: People have a tendency to buy more of your stuff when they know it exists!

Incredible feeling of joy - not because I am so smart. I didn't do much. I just helped nudge someone out of their comfort zone....right out there where life happens! Next time, she'll do it on her own.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome for her!

Now.. if only I could be a little more "outgoing". LOL

-n

NuttersNotes said...

She wasn't outgoing...until she got a lil push. You have my permission, N, to give yourself that same lil nudge

Scott

Anonymous said...

*smile* Thanks, I appreciate that! I'll definately try to remember that virtual push. I can sure use it.

-n