Saturday, April 29, 2006

Holding Out!



....well, maybe! - we're heading into the weekend for TV Turnoff week. NBA playoffs are in full swing so the basketball fanatics will be itching like crazy..."Where's my remote...where's my remote." I can hear them now.

While no fanatic
- the Sacramento Kings do draw my attention. I wanted to see the crowd at Arco Arena welcome back Ron Artest last night. To just get a feel of all of those crazies "spreadin the love" on top of their maligned superstar. He got jobbed with that game 2 suspension. There was no doubt that the fans were going to let him know that they were behind him...

I didn't do it! - nope. I didn't watch any of the game. I just went out. Grabbed a bite to eat. As I left the restaraunt, I looked up at the TV that was there to get the score (c'mon....you can't count that against me). Kings up by 12 in the third quarter. I exited. Walked around a store for a bit. I got in the car to drive home. I flipped on the radio to see how the game went...

"Can you believe it fans. 27 seconds to go. The Kings are down by 1 and the Spurs have the ball" - huh?!? How do Kings let that happen.....but they do.

Long story short - the Spurs sit on the ball and try to run out the clock. With 5 seconds left, Mike Bibby steals the ball, passes it to much unknown Kevin Martin who makes one of the greatest (and luckiest) layups of all time over Tim Duncan, the ball rattles around and falls through the cylinder as the clock goes to zero...

....and I am listening to the radio while I am 3 minutes from my house.

I sped home to see the replay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL.

-n