Friday, April 07, 2006

Happy UP! Part 4

What a great week to be Happying Up! As a matter of fact, I am probably going to find out that there aren't any weeks where it is good to do anything but.

Breakfast - I like to have a few brekko's a week at "my place." While I can't say that I know all of the regulars, the waitresses know me. I see a lot of people walk in that I know. The pancakes are great....hey, that is nothing to take for granted. I get them in some place where you would think they were allergic to syrup as you watch them disintegrate. It's a homey place that deserves it's own posting. It's just nice to have a place that isn't a big chain, has some charm, and you run into your friends/acquaintenances that you don't see very often. No pretense. It's like what they say at Cheers.."where everybody knows your name."

My compadre - who just made a very, very difficult life/work decision. It broke his heart. I know it did. I felt good that he called me. It's not like he didn't know other people to call. We also don't work that closely together. He's in another state. It was a "respect call" from one warrior to another. He honored me with his call. I hope that he felt honored after he talked to me.

The Masters Golf Tournament - I gave up being a sports junkie long ago. I went to a housewarming rather than watching the Super Bowl. The Masters, however, is special. I'll be bookmarking Sunday afternoon for this. The drama is usually intense. The golf course is one of the most beautiful sites in the world. The tradition is incredible. The Masters gets attention from people around the world who have no interest in golf. I love watching competition at it's highest level...which includes sportsmanship. There is no trash talking. It is one of those things that IS good about the world.

No comments: