Monday, October 19, 2009

HappyUP!!! My City Kicks Ass



The trees in front of my house - don't technically belong to me.

Nope - legally, I can't even trim them.

See that sidewalk - it belongs to the city as well. Couldn't tear it up legally without the city's permission

Of course - this means that the leaves and branches belong to them as well

While they probably should - clean them off of my yard when they fall, they would be trespassing to do so.

I just love it - that, after a storm and all through the fall season, they are Johnny on the spot when it comes to cleaning up the mess

Sure - I made the pile but look at the effort they save me of having to take it to the dump.

It's easy - to complain about how our governments work...or don't...and, to a degree...we should always keep them on their toes.

At the same time - we all need to appreciate the little things that happen in our lives everyday.

I do - and, when I do, people say, "you have too much time on your hands."

I say - well, that may be true....but how much appreciating were you doing with the time that you had today?

An attitude of gratitude - is one of the biggest keys to living a life of happiness. It's all about the little things. Add them up.....and they become....

The Big Thing.

(and all of those clippings will be ground up and resold as mulch)

No comments: