Monday, October 26, 2009

HappyUP!!! Day 1003



HappyUP!!! - golf on a Monday
Why it happened - saw the weather calling for heavy winds on Tuesday
Why it makes me happy - I don't usually play on Mondays but my golfing buddy was able to slip out. The weather....ohhhhhhh...the weather. Upper 70's...possibly got to 80. Even got a little sweat going packing the sticks over the shoulders. The walk felt good.

HappyUP!!! - bunker shot on two
Why it happened - a lot of skill on that one
Why it makes me happy - I got a bad bounce...ended up on the downslope of the trap....almost no green to work with. I slid that wedge under that ball with a quick "whip". The ball came out low, soft, spinning....and darn near went in the hole. Gimmie. Turning a bogey into a par is one of the great joys of the game


HappyUP!!! - Darcy Farrow by John Denver
Why it happened - a buddy invited me to come play some guitar with him
Why it makes me happy - he wants me to learn this song. While I am OK with John Denver and he was an IMMMENSE talent, I don't know much of his non-hits. This little song is very sad but it's so well done that, when you play it and sing it, you just feel good.


JollyJottings

Coming across a book I hadn't finished
Darcy Farrow by John Denver
Clean comforter
Sneaking in Monday golf on a gorgeous day

No comments: