Tuesday, October 06, 2009

HappyUP!!! Day 983

HappyUP!!! - June's speech
Why it happened - Toastmasters
Why it makes me happy - it was only her second or third speech.....what progress! And, the topic was excellent....learned about another organization doing some cool stuff. One of the things they do is put together "attack kits." Think about it...someone ends up in the hospital...there clothes have to be taken for evidence....they aren't in a cool place. This group supplies the person with new sweats and some flip flops....and dignity at a vulnerable time.

HappyUP!!! - Luke's speech
Why it happened - Toastmasters
Why it makes me happy - Luke is a seasoned Toastmaster...and he gave a thought provoking speech on the "it" factor. You know..."that person has it. They just seem to have it." What is "it"? He made a good case for what that is and why that person has it.

HappyUP!!! - hitting balls
Why it happened - I went out to the range
Why it makes me happy - it was a good session....I really like how I am swinging the club right now

HappyUP!!! - using my iPhone on the range
Why it happened - I got an idea
Why it makes me happy - I have not seen my swing on video much...and not lately. The iPhone does a pretty good job. I saw a couple of little things for me to tweek.

HappyUP!!! - touching base with an old friend
Why it happened - found them on Facebook
Why it makes me happy - there is a unique aspect about Facebook that makes it cool. It is like having a piece of a reunion.....several different times.....without being stuck in a room for a prescribed time. I had some classes with this friend in high school. It was neat to see what had happened over the years.

No comments: