Thursday, September 24, 2009

HappyUP!!! Day 971

HappyUP!!! - an ace
Why it happened - my brother did it
Why it makes me happy - he plays a lot of golf at his club...I play a lot at mine....but we don't play together that often. In 40 years of golfing, he has never had an ace.....and he did it with me....at my club's invitational....where I invited him as my partner/guest.....and he did it on the closest to the pin hole.....and it helped us win the first day scramble. Special...special...special times.

HappyUP!!! - winning the scramble
Why it happened - bro and I were 6 under for 9 holes
Why it makes me happy - bro played a bit better than I did but we both contributed to bring home the win on day one of the Invitational at our club. 6 under is some pretty good shooting in this format.

HappyUP!!! - up and down on 16
Why it happened - I hit the chutt just right
Why it makes me happy - my bro and I really needed a par....and he was buried in the trap. I was over a hill chipping to a green going away from me. I decided to chutt up...and down...the hill from about 40 feet......to a tap in.

JollyJottings

2 birdies
Special up and down on 16
Winning the scramble

No comments: