Thursday, September 10, 2009

HappyUP!!! Day 957

HappyUP!!! - MCing
Why it happened - Area Toastmasters Speech Contest
Why it makes me happy - I have a good reputation as an MC that adds to the program....many Toastmasters don't...so I am always honored when I am asked to do this. From tonight's performance, I was asked to do it at the Division Contest in Auburn. The contests are always good but sometimes the program (the MC's job) is dry. It makes me happy that I bring the smiles to the faces and get invited back again.

HappyUP!!! - Liz and Bob
Why it happened - Area Speech Contest
Why it makes me happy - Bob was our speech contest contestant and Liz represented us in Table Topics. These are brand new Toastmasters to our club. They didn't win as they went up against experienced people.......and that's OK. They both learned a lot but, best of all, they did great. One of them probably could have/should have won but judging is judging....they were good enough to win.

HappyUP!!! - 4 birdies
Why it happened - 3 were good shots...1 was a long putt
Why it makes me happy - birdies make up for mistakes....and I make my share of mistakes. I'm not usually a big birdie guy and this ties my personal record for my course (set yesterday). Even with the good shots, you have to make the putts. The HappyUP!!! may be that I am rolling the rock pretty well right now.

HappyUP!!! - winning my bets
Why it happened - I scored well
Why it makes me happy - I didn't hit the ball that great. I could have had my fanny handed to me. The short game was in control and I won against two of my opponents and pushed with the evil P.E.N.O. (Public Enemy Number One). I let PENO off the hook on the last hole....hard to overcome bad ball striking into the pond but, despite that, we shot about the same score. It's a good day when you are shooting PENO numbers.

JollyJottings

4 birdies
Winning my bets
Good putting...sandy....short game
Discovering something with the driver after the round
Area Speech Contest
Liz
Bob
Phone call from a friend
Text from another friend
Great golf game lined up for Saturday

No comments: