Saturday, August 22, 2009

HappyUP!!! Day 938



HappyUP!!! - golfing with the nephew
Why it happened - we had a club tournament
Why it makes me happy - it was good to get him out....he shot one under so that made him happy even though I personally stunk up the joint. Speaking of stinking up the joint....

<-----here I am now...masterfully extricating my ball from the water hazard

HappyUP!!! - water hazard shot
Why it happened - I hooked the tee shot.
Why it makes me happy - the rule of thumb is that half the ball needs to be above the water if you want to hit it. In this case, just the very top was showing. I took off the shoes, kept the head down, and knocked the ball to a much better place than had I taken a drop. Impressive! (of course, what the heck was I doing hitting it into the hazard in the first place?)

HappyUP!!! - helping someone get a job
Why it happened - I was keeping my eyes and ears open
Why it makes me happy - the job isn't landed yet but it just feels good to help someone that has landed in an unfortunate situation.

HappyUP!!! - birdie on 18 (our second hole in the shotgun start tournament)
Why it happened - phenomenal second shot
Why it makes me happy - I hit a TERRIBLE drive. The lie was a little spotty. The pin was tough to get close to. I hit that 7 iron on the NUT...it came down and ended up a mere 3 feet from the cup.

JollyJottings

Birdie on 18 (our second hole)
Talk with course owner
Setting up game tomorrow
Golfing with the nephew
Helping a person get a job
Par on 2
Par on 4
Water shot on 11

No comments: