Sunday, August 09, 2009

HappyUP!!! Day 925

HappyUP!!! - watering/edging
Why it happened - I got motivated
Why it makes me happy - I had some time to kill prior to our tournament today. I watered the lawn hard enough to make the edges soft.....and then got the edger out. That's pretty good stuff on a golf day. I'll mow tomorrow and the front lawn will be looking good.

HappyUP!!! - wedges
Why it happened - I have been working on it
Why it makes me happy - on 5, I had a pitch over a bunker and I put the spinny one on it....bam....birdie. On 7, I had to pitch off a patchy lie by the cart path....put the spinny one on it again...bam....hits the stick (should have gone in). On 9, I took a very aggressive approach wedge and hit it dead at the stick....made the putt...birdie. On 17, I was 72 yards out....hit the wedge right at it....it came up about three yards short of perfection but, man, I was happy as it was flying at the hole.

HappyUP!!! - 7 iron
Why it happened - it was the club
Why it makes me happy - my partner was in the bunker. It was too far for an 8 iron and not far enough for the 7. I took the 7, gripped down, and knocked it to 8 feet. Birdie. It's a HappyUP!!! to pull through like that when the partner let's up a bit.

HappyUP!!! - winning the bet
Why it happened - I took the bet....and Harrington gagged
Why it makes me happy - it's a gimmie HappyUP!!! whenever you win a wager!

HappyUP!!! - tournament
Why it happened - we entered
Why it makes me happy - me and the nephew didn't have a good day yesterday....but today was a good one. We could have been better today but it was solid...a feeling of accomplishment.

JollyJottings

Spinny wedge on 5
Spinny pitch on 7
Wedge on 9
Trouble shot on 10
5 iron on 12
Pitch on 15
7 iron on 16
Wedge on 17
8 iron on 18
Winning my Tiger Woods bet
Watering/Edging

No comments: