Tuesday, August 18, 2009

HappyUP!!! Day 934

HappyUP!!! - golf tournament
Why it happened - I was invited
Why it makes me happy - today was two of a his and hers. I normally don't play in these but my friend wanted to play but didn't have a partner. We played with a great couple today. We played with a great couple yesterday. We came in second by one stroke. We had a lot of good meals. Just a lot of good time.

HappyUP!!! - my friend's trophy
Why it happened - we came in second
Why it makes me happy - apparently this organization, Womens Golf Assoc of Nor Cal, gives charms for bracelets as prizes at their tournaments. The higher up, the nicer the stone in the charm. The men that won all got a box of golf balls which was great. I was just glad that I could help my friend get something that she will keep for a long time.

HappyUP!!! - birdies....on tough holes
Why it happened - good shots....better putts
Why it makes me happy - the shots were both quality....the putts weren't very long but they had some wickedly stupid break to them. Even though it wasn't my course so I couldn't use experience, I gauged them correctly....and hit the putts where I wanted to. I guess ACCOMPLISHMENT would be the why this makes me happy.......and why I love golf.

HappyUP!!! - helping a friend
Why it happened - I made an inquiry
Why it makes me happy - it seemed unlikely but I have some skills that my friend was in need of. In giving a little bit of time and attention, I may have been a part of getting my friend to a better place.

JollyJottings

Playing partners
Hit 13 greens
Putt on 16...8 iron on 16
Putt on 8.....8 iron on 8
Wedge on 14
Putt on 17
Lunch....apple cobbler w/ice cream
Coming in second place
Helping a friend

No comments: