Monday, August 03, 2009

HappyUP!!! Day 919



A friend sent me this picture - and I just love it. This isn't one of those "posed" pictures. This is a picture of Sgt Crowley showing a level of compassion and thoughtfulness that I like to see in people....

...our Commander in Chief? - well, this wasn't the kind of meeting where the boss walks two steps ahead... especially considering the mess he foolishly stepped into.

HappyUP!!! - card from my "folks"
Why it happened - they are thoughtful
Why it makes me happy - I don't give veggies away with any expectation from anyone. I grow too much and others should share. Today, I got a nice note from my best friend's parents who I keep stocked with veggies and figs. It made me happy!

(NOTE: never underestimate the value of a MAILED, hand-written note)

HappyUP!!! - playing with D and D
Why it happened - the course was slow
Why it makes me happy - D and D are father and daughter. D is a big contractor in town. Daughter D is a young gal learning the game. I loved seeing them out there together. It's also neat to watch a young golfer progress. I'll bookmark her performance today and see how far she gets by next summer.

HappyUP!!! - stock market
Why it happened - who knows
Why it makes me happy - good days always boost the retirement funds.....and, after last year, I'll take the boost. A Dow plus 100 day is a HappyUP!!!! all day long. I like it so much, how about another one tomorrow?

HappyUP!!! - 5 iron into 16
Why it happened - I put an exceptional pass on it
Why it makes me happy - when they put the pin back on this par 3, you have to hit it well and be accurate to get it to that part of the green.....with a 5 iron....that's 188 yards. I stuck it to within 12 feet after hitting it right on the button. THAT is why one plays golf.

HappyUP!!! - draining a 60 foot putt
Why it happened - I read it right and hit it right
Why it makes me happy - do you know how long it takes a 60 foot putt to travel that far?....it takes awhile. This gave me plenty of time to go, "hey, that's a decent putt.....no, it's going to be good, an easy two putt......wait, this is got a chance......if it just breaks a little more......BINGO!!!"

JollyJottings

Stock market
Playing golf with D and D
Figuring out something with my swing
5 iron into 16
Putt on 2
Hybrid on 4
Chip on 5
7 iron on 7
Putt on 14
Chip on 15
Wedge on 17
Card from my "folks"

No comments: