Friday, August 14, 2009

HappyUP!!! Day 930

HappyUP!!! - turning it around
Why it happened - it's a rare golf thing
Why it makes me happy - I was getting drubbed through 9 holes......then a great par save, a solid par, an odd double bogey, and par-birdie-birdie-par-par-par finish to rescue the day...and some cash. I guess the reason it makes me happy is that, in golf, it can be difficult to turn it around when it starts bad. When you do turn it around, it gives confidence for the next time.

HappyUP!!! - chutter for birdie
Why it happened - I hit a perfect shot
Why it makes me happy - I love knocking a "chutt" in. It makes my opponents think a bit every time I pull the chutter out. I make more of these than others chip in....and run many over the edge of the hole.

HappyUP!!! - what a shot!
Why it happened - I made a great calculation
Why it makes me happy - I got a bad break. My ball ended up on top of a nob 155 yards from the hole. Normally, it would be an 8 iron. Because of the lie, I had to grip down and have one foot on the down slope while my other foot was flat on the top of the knob. I took a 6 iron, gripped down, made a short swing, and hoisted it high in the air to 15 feet...........and made the putt.

HappyUP!!! - sand shot on 18
Why it happened - I stepped up under pressure
Why it makes me happy - my opponent was on the green in two. The bets were riding. I was 137 to the pin. I took the easy 8 iron, clipped it perfectly, and hit it to 12 feet. Making it happen under pressure is why we play the game.

HappyUP!!! - dinner
Why it happened - I treated a friend to some sauce
Why it makes me happy - the spaghetti sauce that I had made from scratch and then froze thawed nicely and was delicious. My friend made some garlic bread that was tasty too. Good company....great food.....HappyUP!!!

JollyJottings

Easy drop off to my buddy
Fig Delivery
Getting things done
PGA
Dinner with a buddy
Walking
The Comeback Back 9
Drive on 9....10....11....13...14....17
Chutt on 14
Miraculous recovery shot to birdie on 15
5 iron on 16
9 iron on 17
Bunker shot on 18

No comments: