Sunday, March 09, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 406 ...the Man Police aren't going to like this one


I did it - yes, I finally did it. I am now manicured! I actually went into one of those places. There seemed to be some discrimanatory practices in hiring, however. All of the ladies were VERY Asian....except for the very caucasian girl who greeted customers. We'll call her position...Translator.

I now have someone new "on staff" - yep, the Nutster now has a nail lady. Got my plumber, my garage door guy, my mechanic, my doctor, my dentist, my opthamologist, etc......add Vivian the Nail Lady.

Vivian is from Vietnam - where her parents, two sisters, and brother still are. We didn't get a chance to find out how she got here. That will be next time...in about two weeks....when I go back for my "fill."

OK....this is getting scary- I am a guy....REALLY! I now know exactly what a fill is.

HappyUP!!! - I have a Nail Lady

Why it happened - I have lived with a nasty split in one of my nails for too long now

Why it makes me happy - Vivian did an acrylic overlay...built a little extra nail on top to cover the top of the split....and I am well on my way to having this little issue taken care of. While I was there......how about a manicure.

HappyUP!!! - a manicure
Why it happened - hey, I was there. Why just do the one finger?

Why it makes me happy - I have never had a manicure before. I didn't even go for the full schmear. I just got a basic package. After all, I am just a beginner. Look at what Vivian did to those MANLY forearms......something. I don't know what but it felt good!


(If you are wondering, the answer is, "YES!". There will be a pedicure coming with my next manicure. Oh my goodness.....I am only a blink away from a "Spa Day." What a girl! I got no story when the Man Police show up to get my badge.)



HappyUP!!! - Wayne the Master Gardener

Why it happened - I went to see him

Why it makes me happy - Wayne is a retired guy that works at the local nursery on weekends. I think he kind of likes me. He is giving me all kinds of vegetable tips....especially on tomato growing. He swears that on June 1, I will be eating fresh tomatoes just like he always does. I actually had some on Memorial Day last year but it was luck. I have the secret. It makes sense and I am trying it out. I'll share later but the hint is, "more root... more fruit."

No comments: