Tuesday, November 05, 2013

HappyUP!!! Day 2808


HappyUP!!! - I did my Boy Scout duty today
Why it happened - the opportunity presented itself today
Why it makes me happy - OK.....I am NOT...and NEVER have been a Boy Scout. We all know the stereotype that helping the elderly crossing the street is part of the BS culture.  When this little old lady in her walker was heading toward the freshly poured street slurry oil.....I RAN across the street to redirect her.  It's just what anyone SHOULD do!  It always feels good to go out of your way to help someone...even if it is a relative stranger

HappyUP!!! - some legal research
Why it happened - I called in some experts
Why it makes me happy - it was great news for whom I was doing the work on behalf of....REALLY not so great for the other person.  Uhm...uhm...uhm.....other person should really think about the last offer that was put on the table verbally a few weeks ago.  HOLE THEORY! (see 11/1 posting).  If things haven't gone so well up to now, other party REALLY not going to like next phase. Sadly, other person is pretty much out of time to go back to the generous offer.  HATE to see people "get played" by attorneys that love to run up fees.  Oh well......choices!

HappyUP!!! - Domestic Violence speech
Why it happened - Toastmasters
Why it makes me happy - a volunteer counselor gave some sobering statistics for Placer County. No...that's not a HappyUP!!!....but it was interesting to have some things confirmed that I suspected to what the realm of Domestic Violence/Abuse expands to.  If an act qualifies as Domestic Abuse, it can expand the legal options one has against the abuser

HappyUP!!! - Area Governor visit
Why it happened - it's a regular occurrence
Why it makes me happy - we got some good ideas...we were given a clean bill of health....all good

HappyUP!!! - Shohleh pays a visit
Why it happened - total surprise
Why it makes me happy - haven't seen this member in FOREVER!!! Great to see her back again!

No comments: