Wednesday, April 25, 2012

HappyUP!!! Day 1920


HappyUP!!! - the General
Why it happened - Toastmasters
Why it makes me happy - the retired Brigadeer General gave a speech today that he will be giving on Memorial Day. It's an important talk. The General is a good speaker....trying to become great. It was an honor and a privilege.......that a man of this caliber.......looked to me afterward for coaching. Very...very....humbling

HappyUP!!! - welcoming all the "new guys"
Why it happened - they were forced to migrate
Why it makes me happy - a lot of the guys from a nearby club were forced out of their long held home. I know all these guys...great guys. It was a lot of fun to get to tee it up with them today....even if it cost me a few greenbacks

HappyUP!!! - T-shirt fun
Why it happened - I planned it
Why it makes me happy - a guy in Toastmasters gave me a T-shirt with his business design/logo on it. It was cool to make it work underneath a dress jacket. Great laughs. After the meeting, I said, "got it in any other colors? I like free clothes!"..........and I may get a black one!

HappyUP!!! - drive on 13
Why it happened - who knows....caught a downslope?
Why it makes me happy - from the front tee, the hole is 293. I was just off the front edge....got it out there about 278 or so. Nope....that's not an average driving distance.....but...on occasion....I can still pump one out there a bit

HappyUP!!! - birdie on 5
Why it happened - a solid wedge and a really good putt
Why it makes me happy - this EASY little hole grabs my arse all the time..........it was nice to kick it in the teeth today

HappyUP!!!

JollyJottings

Coffee with Trav
Two great speeches
Playing with "the new guys"
Drive 1.....9 iron 2....wedge 3....wedge/putt 5....7 iron 6.....chip/putt 7....wedge 8....5 iron 10....drive 13...amazing par 17.....7 iron 18
Hanging with "the new guys"
Interesting weather
Nice day in the stock market


No comments: