Tuesday, September 28, 2010

HappyUP!!! Day 1338


HappyUP!!! - The Cremation of Sam Magie
Why it happened - Toastmasters....Robert Service wrote it...I memorized it years ago
Why it makes me happy - it was a nerdy thing for me to do to memorize this many years ago...OK....no, it wasn't....as I have moved people with this over the years. It just seemed strange at the time. I wowed em a bit this morning.....and...maybe...just maybe...someone in that audience will now read Service's work and do some memorizing themselves

HappyUP!!! - golf with my old buddy
Why it happened - he was on vacation
Why it makes me happy - we have so much childhood together....and similar golf games...it's just great when we get together.

HappyUP!!! - chutt on 18
Why it happened - I have some touch
Why it makes me happy - it was ridiculous on how I holed this one out.....from way back long left....over a hump...then down the other side....from 50 feet....and the ball dropped right in the cup with perfect speed. It screwed over my opponent.....I could hear my old buddy laughing because he has seen "my act" before.....I just do that kind of stuff.

HappyUP!!! - a balmy evening
Why it happened - it's weather
Why it makes me happy - it was nice to get in an impromptu walk...very nice.

JollyJottings

Toastmasters
The Cremation of Sam Magie....and the reaction to it
Golf with my old buddy
8 iron on one....7 iron on 2....great recovery chip on 3...good break on 4....solid 5 iron on 5....nice pitch on 6.....smoked 7 iron on 7.....nice par on 8....great chutt on 9.....FABULOUS 9 iron on 10....Fabulous 6 iron on 17..........CHUTT on 18!
Time with my old buddy
Working closely with a Toastmaster on development
An upcoming Toastmaster opportunity

No comments: