Sunday, July 15, 2012

HappyUP!!! Day 2001

Yet another shot......6 iron.....175 yards....DEAD AT IT in
the air...GORGEOUS golf shot.......that just falls a yard
short from that elusive hole-in-one. It was exciting in the air though!!!!

HappyUP!!! - golfing with my other nephew
Why it happened - he joined the club
Why it makes me happy - I was with him as his first day as a member.....bought lunch.  It was a pretty cool deal.

HappyUP!!! - solid round
Why it happened - a little posture change
Why it makes me happy - I KNOW I am on the right track here.

HappyUP!!! - sneaking in a "W"
Why it happened - my nephew was rusty
Why it makes me happy - beating the nephew is probably not going to happen very often or anytime soon once he knocks the dust off his clubs.  Today reminded me of the days long ago....when he was learning.....and I would take him up to Plumas Lake.....and when he thought he could beat me.....it was his goal.....and then he wouldn't.  Then, as it happens, he finally did and took off to being a pretty good stick and player.

HappyUP!!! - birdie....birdie....birdie finish
Why it happened - some quality shots
Why it makes me happy - I don't know if, in 40 years of golf, I have ever birdied the last three holes. If I have, it wasn't anytime in recent memory.  Nothing cheap about any of the birdies.  It also reminds me that ANYTHING is possible out on that golf course.

Scoring a primo time
Brekko sandwich with brother's gang
Nephew joining the club
Going out with my nephew on his first round
Kicking nephew's butt
Drive/5 iron/wedge 1.....drive 2....drive 3....drive/4 iron/wedge 4....drive/wedge 6....drive/7 iron 7....4 iron (double greenie) 8....2 putt 9.....drive/hybrid/9 iron/putt (birdie) 10....drive/7 iron 11....drive 13...4 iron/WEDGE 14....punch 15....drive/wedge/putt (birdie) 16....6 iron/birdie/near ace 17...drive/HYBRID/wedge/gimme (birdie) 18
Birdieng last 3 holes
GREAT weather

No comments: