Saturday, July 14, 2012

HappyUP!!! Day 2000






So MANY great things on this landmark day - ......and in this blessed life. Where does one even start regarding today?

HappyUP!!! - Day 2000
Why it happened - I have stuck to the process/practice
Why it makes me happy - we all have certain things we have made habits.  This is a pretty good habitual behavior. I started HappyUP!!!'s based on the concepts of Positive Psychology.  Eventually, I took them to the web so, as I spoke to groups about Positive Psychology, I could show them that I do walk the talk of savoring all the good things that happen everyday.  In the end, as any teacher will tell you that enjoys teaching, the teacher ends up being the beneficiary

HappyUP!!! - 36 holes of golf
Why it happened - my club needed me
Why it makes me happy - I was already scheduled to play in the morning with one of my favorite groups of guys. The Assistant Pro asked if I would help fill his roster for team play in the afternoon.  I was a bit hesitant as 36 in one day is a little more than I need usually.  I said, "yes." I played way better in the afternoon, got to play with a fellow club member that I hadn't played with, got some swing help, came back and "pushed" in my match, and met a couple of nice guys from the visiting club.  GREAT DAY on the golf course.  Young people should learn to play golf.  It's something you can do for a lifetime and teaches great values.....values that you can't just learn early and choose to forget about later......values that you HAVE to live by if you are going to play the game.

HappyUP!!! - evening entertainment
Why it happened - I was at the club already
Why it makes me happy - perfect weather for a fun outdoor concert by a great band!

HappyUP!!! - birdie on 12
Why it happened - putting
Why it makes me happy - it really was ridiculous. I had NO business draining this 50 foot, uphill, double breaking putt......yet...for some reason.....I felt absolutely NO guilt when that snake dropped right into the cup!


JollyJottings

Brekko
Playing with my favorite guys
A little chill in the summer morning air
9 iron 5.....par on 8....drive 10.....punch 11...partner chip in on 11..birdie putt on 12...drive/hold off 8 on 13......drive 16.....6 iron 17

36 holes

Drive/5 iron/wedge 1....punch/chip 2....drive 3....drive/4 iron/wedge 4.....9 iron 5 (ace possibility).....punch/chip 6......5 iron 7.....chip 9....drive/5 iron/wedge/BIRDIE 10....drive/honesty 11...pitch 12....chip 13.....4 iron/wedge/putt 14....9 iron recovery/putt 15.....drive/bunker shot/putt/ 16....7 iron 17.....drive/wedge 18
Pushing individual match.....getting a 3/3 tie after horrible morning round
Delicious pork chops



No comments: