Monday, October 31, 2011

HappyUP!!! Day 1733


HappyUP!!! - finding needed items
Why it happened - I went shopping
Why it makes me happy - this was a GREAT errands day. Yeah, I had to go to a second store for one item.....but I was thrilled that they had it...thought it might be out of season

HappyUP!!! - good times with friends
Why it happened - I was invited
Why it makes me happy - nothing like some good wholesome Halloween fun

HappyUP!!! - a small, anonymous deed
Why it happened - I was at FedEx/Kinkos
Why it makes me happy - I went to put my card into a copier that was available but I could not do it. Why? Someone had left their copier card in the machine. The display read that there was about $4.50 left on it. One could go two ways with this. 1) It's like finding a $5 bill in a parking lot or 2) Take it to the front desk. I chose option 2. Does this make me a "good person"? Actually, that is NOT the question. The point is that it made me happy to take it to the front desk even though the chance of the rightful owner ever getting the card back is near zilch (the cards aren't encrypted with names or anything....you get a copy card, put money on it, and use it in the machines). Whenever you get a chance to do something that can make someone else feel better, you have a pretty good chance that you will feel better about yourself

JollyJottings

Great errands run
Doing a good deed

No comments: