Monday, July 11, 2011

HappyUP!!! Day 1624


HappyUP!!!! - the Squeeze Inn
Why it happened - brekko
Why it makes me happy - this is one of my favorite places to have breakfast. I happened to be in the town it's in today. As usual, the Squeeze delivered

HappyUP!!! - mountain golf
Why it happened - I was invited
Why it makes me happy - perfect weather.....shorts and shirt sleeves at 9:30 a.m......clean mountain air....a great golf course....sunshine with a breeze that wasn't nasty enough to effect the golf

HappyUP!!! - seeing my buddy
Why it happened - he set up the golf
Why it makes me happy - I hadn't seen this guy in years. We kept talking about getting together. Then, he got sick......really sick......he's still locked in a battle with cancer. It was awesome to spend time together.......and go back to his vacation spot and enjoy a home grilled cheeseburger to boot! A GREAT day!

HappyUP!!! - driving home
Why it happened - ya gotta come back once ya leave
Why it makes me happy - convertible.....Interstate 80 through the mountains....perfect temperatures. I'm a conservative driver.....but it can be kind of easy to "let er drift" coming back down the mountain. For whatever reason, I was just soaking it all in. It was a good thing too....the CHP had the full on speed trap going on....HappyUP!!!! for me! (Not so much for the people that I saw pulled over)

HappyUP!!! - a nice long walk
Why it happened - I like to walk
Why it makes me happy - every once in awhile, I do "the loop." It's about 4 miles. It's one of my favorites. You get quiet places....busy places....neighborhoods....it's pretty much got it all when you are out looking to work off a bit of that Squeeze In brekko and a cheeseburger lunch!

JollyJottings

Driving up
Driving back
Perfect weather
GREAT personal time
Awesomeist Cheese burger
Great weather for a walk
Squeeze In
Quality golf shots


No comments: