Monday, February 07, 2011

HappyUP!!! Day 1470


HappyUP!!! - judging a youth speech contest
Why it happened - I was sought out
Why it makes me happy - it is ALWAYS a privilege to volunteer. It is especially meaningful when you are specifically sought out. Then...when you get to hear some fine articulation from the leaders of tomorrow....HappyUP!!! Impressive stuff

HappyUP!!! - being in the presence of greatness
Why it happened - see above
Why it makes me happy - one of my fellow judges tonight was so distinguished that I was humbled to be able to cast a ballot that meant the same as hers. She has been given a special fellowship to go to London this summer....to spend time as a Fellow at The Globe (do a google on it....as in Globe Theatre...as it relates to Shakespeare.). HUMBLING! Even with my experience, she was so more qualified to be there tonight...yet we both came up with the same conclusion on the winner.

HappyUP!!! - a road trip
Why it happened - my friends were on a mission
Why it makes me happy - while the goal of the mission was not accomplished, there was plenty of fun and good times on the search

HappyUP!!! - pot roast breakfast
Why it happened - leftover potroast
Why it makes me happy - c'mon.....it's potroast! The ultimate comfort food......yeah......it is what's for breakfast!

HappyUP!!! - stunning day
Why it happened - it's weather in NorCal sometimes
Why it makes me happy - I NEVER forget why I live where I live. Here we are in early February...our weather could be anything...today it chose to be as lovely as any spring day there is to come. Breath taking!

JollyJottings

Breakfast of pot roast
AM with my little buddy
Getting some tasks done
Stunning weather
A road trip
Getting bitten

No comments: