Thursday, June 24, 2010

HappyUP!!! Day 1242



HappyUP!!! - 6 iron off the cartpath
Why it happened - I just hit a perfect shot
Why it makes me happy - my ball came to rest in the expansion grove on the cartpath. I was entitled to a free drop but the lie I would drop into would be no picnic. I hit balls off the cartpaths sometimes...no big deal...but never out of the groove. That 6 iron shot up in the air, took a gentle bank to the left, and landed about 5 feet from the cup from 174 yards.

HappyUP!!! - joining my friends for appetizers
Why it happened - my buddy texted me
Why it makes me happy - I have a tendency to play my golf in the day....and settle in at home at night. It was a nice invitation to go join a couple of couples.

HappyUP!!! - wedge on 6
Why it happened - I'm OK with the wedge
Why it makes me happy - the guy I was playing with had a for sure birdie after almost hitting the par 5 in 2. I had scraped my drive into the weeds...hacked it out down the fairway....I had 117 yards left while he was right next to the green. He was figuring he had the win.....until I hit my wedge to about 2 feet!

JollyJottings

6 iron off the cartpath
Wedge on 6

No comments: