Sunday, April 06, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 434

Here's a HappyUP!!! quote - at least it was to me. I have seen it many times in the past but I just ran across it and it put a smile on my face

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." -Albert Einstein

HappyUP!!! - Blackberry Replacement
Why it happened - my Crackberry malfunctioned
Why it makes me happy - I am getting a free replacement.......with no hassle. I love that. FREE always makes me happy

HappyUP!!! - Bean Planting
Why it happened - I went and saw Wayne the Master Gardener
Why it makes me happy - he gave me the skinny, "NO beans for YOU!" He told me to start growing them from seed indoors. You can't "go in" with them until late May. He did tell me that I should plant them every 6 inches and that they will totally cover the hideous chainlink fence my neighbor put up out back by my garden. It will be a lot of planting but I should end up with 45 feet wide x 5 feet tall of beans and snap peas!

HappyUP!!! - Getting a tune DOWN
Why it happened - I keep grinding at it
Why it makes me happy - I have owned guitars for a long time. I have never learned how to properly fingerpick the base and melody of a tune. I can now play a fairly robust rendition of Silent Night. I could do it before with just chords. I had another version with just double stops. The fingerpicked version has much more body to it......and it is the first of many that I will pick up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Nutter,

I'm watching, keep it up. I looking to you for inspiration.

-xed